As we navigate through these unprecedented times of this global pandemic, we would like our patients to be aware of the additional safety measures that will be asked as we do our best to keep everyone safe and healthy. First and foremost, this office follows the recommendations of both the Center for Disease Control (CDC) & the American Dental Association (ADA). These added procedures are not meant to infringe on anyone’s “rights”, but are an effort to limit the potential transmission of the disease. Please be patient and kind as we are doing our very best to make it safe to work in the oral environment as well as protecting each and every one of our patients with which we come in contact.
Noteworthy new protocols:
- Our reception room is closed.
- Patients are asked to call the office when you arrive to check in.
- When your room is ready you will receive a call from our office.
- Temperatures will be taken at the door.
- Temperatures 99.4 F or higher will be asked to reschedule
- We ask that patients wear a mask
- COVID-19 Questionnaire
- This is a repeat of the exposure risk questionnaire that is asked of patients when calls are made to confirm appointments.
- Peroxide Rinse prior to any treatment.
- This has been found by the ADA & CDC to significantly reduce the microbial load present in the mouth if done prior to dental exams/treatment.
- Bring your own blanket/pillow etc.
- We are keeping it cooler in here…With all this personal protective equipment we are required to wear, it is hard not to overheat.
- Because of the increase in laundry of personal protective equipment we do not have the capacity to also launder pillows and blankets.
Unfortunately, during these uncertain times there cannot be compromise in the safety of both our patients and our staff. If you do not feel you can agree to these added measures we respectfully ask that you defer your appointment. Believe me, we ALL hope this will be a distant memory soon....until then we will continue to do everything known to provide excellent dental care in a safe and clean environment! Stay healthy & please remember to be kind to others!